The Alaska Core Competencies are a set of essential skills for DSPs (direct support providers or direct support professionals) who deliver services to persons with mental health and substance use conditions, intellectual and physical disabilities, and older adults who need long-term services and support.
This training will cover Alaska Core Competency #3, 5, 6
Competency #3: Planning Services
• Planning Services - Identifies Recommended Goals and Services
• Planning Services - Supports Individual and Family Member Decision-Making in Developing a Plan of Care
• Planning Services - Assists Individuals in Developing Personal Plans
Competency #5: Linking to Resources
• Linking To Resources - Identifies Recommended Resources
• Linking To Resources - Supports Individual and Family Decision-Making in Selecting Resources
• Linking To Resources - Connects Individuals and Families to Community Resources
Competency #6: Advocating
• Advocating - Advocates on Behalf of the Individual and Family
• Advocating - Supports Self-Advocacy
There is a participant minimum paid registration requirement for this class. If the minimum is not met the class will be cancelled and participants will be notified. Registration closes on August 19, 2019.