The Alaska Core Competencies are a set of essential skills for DSPs (direct support providers or direct support professionals) who deliver services to persons with mental health and substance use conditions, intellectual and physical disabilities, and older adults who need long-term services and support.
This training will cover Alaska Core Competency #9, #10
Competency #9: Behaving Professionally and Ethically
• Behaving Professionally and Ethically - Fulfills Responsibilities and Commitments
• Behaving Professionally and Ethically - Complies with Laws, Regulations, Policies and Ethical Codes
• Behaving Professionally and Ethically - Seeks Supervision and Consultation
• Behaving Professionally and Ethically - Manages Stress and Personal Health
Competency #10: Developing Professionally
• Developing Professionally - Seeks Opportunities to Improve Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Developing Professionally - Uses Performance Evaluations and Feedback to Improve Performance
There is a participant minimum paid registration requirement for this class. If the minimum is not met the class will be cancelled and participants will be notified. Registration closes on August 26, 2019.