This is a unique and low-cost professional development and learning opportunity for faculty, staff, and trainees from LENDs, DBPs, UCEDDs, and IDDRCs. It can also be a great way to engage community partners, including leaders from self-advocacy and family organizations.
Major topics to be covered:
- The current state of health care transition
- Legal issues in the transition from pediatric to adult-based care
- Policies that promote employment outcomes for young adults with disabilities
- Transition program evaluation
- Successful models of pediatric complex care into adulthood
- The development of standardized approaches to transition across services
Contributions from AUCD network leaders include:
- "Nutritional Issues During Transition" keynote from Dr. Lee Shelly Wallace, Chief of Nutrition at the Boling Center (TN) UCEDD/LEND - Thursday 10/24 at 3:15pm CT
- "Siblings' Perspective on Transition" panel with Miranda Banks, recent former LoneStar (TX) LEND trainee - Friday 10/25 at 10:50am
Benefits of participating as a broadcast site:
- Low-cost access one of the nation's most reputable transition-focused conferences that is packed with content from a diverse cadre of national experts.
- The link you receive to the live broadcast can be used to host an in-person viewing event with faculty, trainees, community partners, etc. It's a great way to encourage dialogue about what can be done to advance existing transition initiatives or start new ones!
- You can also share the broadcast link with individuals affiliated with your center/program so they can join from more convenient locations.
To register your program/center as a broadcast site:
- Complete and send the registration form and $150 payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note that you will need to identify a "site coordinator" to report attendance for each day and a "technical coordinator" who can work with the organizers to resolve any streaming issues.