The Center for Human Development (CHD) is looking for new Friendships & Dating Program (FDP) facilitators. The FDP teaches young adults (ages 15 and older) and adults I/DD, and young adults (ages 15-22) with SED how to make and keep healthy relationships and prevent violence in their relationships.
Interested facilitators who participate in the FDP training will:
- identify at least two facilitators per agency to participate in training
- attend by distance technology a 2-day, 14 hour training to learn on how to deliver the program content
- know how to recruit participants for the program
- be expected to deliver the FDP within one year of being trained
- assist with data collection requirements.
Interested facilitators who attend training will receive:
- FDP Manual and Training guide
- session materials such as handouts and visual learning aids to implement the program
- access to the FDP website with support materials such as videos, powerpoint presentations; and on-going technical assistance during implementation.