Event Dates and Timeframe
Nationally, 1 in 5 adults experience mental health conditions (NAMI).
This module is designed to help providers become comfortable in serving people with disabilities.
Following this module participants will be able to:
- Describe definitions of disability
- Discuss disability history and the disability rights movement
- Recognize common stereotypes and societal barriers
- Identify different uses of language as it relates to people with disabilities
- Understand general disability-related etiquette