C.E. Credit for Consult with Training Provider for CE specifcs: 15.00
Specialization: Nursing and Social Work
Successful completion requires registration, completion of evaluation surveys, and submitting your attendance log (at the end of the series). Attend the live broadcasts or watch the recordings online – earn CE either way. UW Continuing Nursing Education requires a $45 processing fee for a contact hour certificate for the series. Directions for obtaining credit will be provided.
Our lecture series is designed for healthcare workers in primary care who want to improve the care of older adults, learn about dementia-friendly care, manage and recognize common geriatric problems. Our speakers are topic experts and deliver the most up-to-date, clinically relevant evidence in their lectures.
Participants will need to create or log into an account with the University of Washington to register for this series.
OBJECTIVES FOR LEARNING OUTCOMES
After completing this course, you will be better able to:
- Differentiate dementia from other conditions
- Define the key findings in dementia
- Characterize dementia, delirium, and depression
- Describe the process of combining pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions
- Identify red flags in cognitive concerns
- Recognize risk factors for developing delirium
- Develop skills in helping patients create a living will
- Know the steps to evaluate patients with dementia who display threatening or violent behavior
- List 3 ways to assess for carer's coping skills
- Identify high-risk medications in older adults with dementia
- Explain how clients' personal values can be leveraged to enhance quality of life