PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE
COST OF TRAINING: The fee for this training displays as FREE; however, each registrant or agency will be invoiced $40 for each completed training. This invoicing will happen once a month and allow agencies to pay for multiple trainees with one payment.
This Training is intended to educate direct service workers regarding the dynamics of adult abuse and neglect, the laws intended to protect this population and reporting obligations under these laws. This Training will also provide caregivers with tools to respond more effectively to adults in their care.
* Learn how to prevent abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
* Recognize cultural aspects of vulnerable adults needs.
* Increase direct service worker's ability as a care provider to identify examples of abuse, abandonment, neglect, self-neglect and exploitation of vulnerable adults, as well as early warning signs of abuse or domestic violence.
* Identify risk factors for abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
* Recognize sources and signs of stress and appropriate interventions.
* Identify preventive measures that can be offered.
* Identify who is a Mandatory Reporter.
Understanding Ethical and Legal Reporting:
* Understanding the Alaska State Statue A.S. 47.24.011 governing abuse and neglect.
* Review a Report of Harm for the Protection of a Vulnerable Adult.
* Identify the appropriate agency to report a suspected case of abuse and neglect.
* Learn about the role and responsibility of Adult Protective Services.
* Identify local and statewide agencies that can intervene.
This training content was approved by Alaska Adult Protective Services.
Accessing the online course - Once you have registered for the training you will be able to access the content on AKTC's Moodle Online Training Portal at http://moodle.aktclms.org no more than 15 minutes after your payment has been processed. Use the same username and password used to register for this training.
If you do not know your username and password, please go to http://aktclms.org, select login, then select I forgot my password. Enter your email address as your username to have an email sent that will allow you to reset your password. Allow 15 minutes for the two systems to synchronize then follow the Moodle link above to log in.
Please make sure your current employer is included on your user profile. If there is no employer listed, you will be responsible for the registration fee.
90-Day Completion - This online training has a 90-day completion expectation. If you do not complete the training within 90 days of your registration and payment date, you will be marked as Incomplete. If you would like to complete the class after 90 days, please contact AKTC Support at [email@example.com](mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org) or 907-264-6244.
If you have any questions about accessing your online training, please contact AKTC Support right away to ensure your timely completion.