This workshop provides information about Fetal Alcohol/Neurobehavioral Conditions (FA/NB) and the effects of alcohol and other drugs on the brains and behaviors of children, adolescents and adults.
FA/NB are brain-based, neurobehavioral conditions with behavioral symptoms. The workshop will educate you on a best practices approach for increasing understanding of FA/NB, reducing frustration, and expanding options. Case examples of successful accommodations are central to this training.
This is intended for professionals as well as parents and other caregivers of children with confirmed or suspected FASD or other brain-based conditions. Our experience is that the training is enriched by having a mixed group of parents, caregivers, and professionals.
• Understand FA/NB as a brain-based physical disability with behavioral symptoms
• Understand and recognize primary and secondary symptoms
• Learn why people with FA/NB frequently receive overlapping DSM diagnoses
• Understand why traditional behavioral treatment techniques are frequently ineffective for people with FA/NB
• Learn to develop and apply effective strategies for people with FA/NB in different settings
Please go to www.fascets.org and click on the Workshops page for the registration form.