Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Certificate Program

Distance Training Glossary | Print Version | Email This Page To A Friend

Training Details

Event Dates and Timeframe
Any Time
Location and Delivery Method
Delivery Method
Video Conferencing
Software
Zoom
Cost Range
$10,463.00 to $14,725.00
The Erikson Institute IMH Certificate Program Scholarship, valued at 25% of tuition, will be awarded to a select group of students. Students who are awarded the scholarship will be responsible for the remaining 75% of tuition, and all fees and expenses including any additional tuition for prerequisite courses (if applicable).

Host And Instructor

Host
Erikson Institute
Instructor
to be determined

Credits

Academic Credit: 18.00

Training Overview Description

This 2-year, part-time, online certificate program prepares practitioners to address the social-emotional, relational, and mental health needs of infants, young children, and their caregivers by applying an infant mental health lens to practice in a variety of settings and different disciplines. Within the program, you will learn to intervene in troubled parent-child relationships and work with young children with social and emotional behavioral concerns and their caregivers.

This program is created for experienced child development, infant/family or mental health professionals who wish to further their experience and enhance their practice with an infant and early childhood mental health lens. A minimum of three years experience working with infants, toddlers, and their families or a clinical license in a mental health field is required. If you are a licensed mental health clinician, credentialed early intervention (EI) provider, child development specialist, administrator, family support specialist, home visitor, or health professional, you can benefit from this program.

Learning Objectives

As an experienced infant/family or mental health professional, you will work with internationally recognized faculty and practitioners. You will learn to:

  • Support parent-child relationships through promotion, prevention, intervention, or consultation services
  • Intervene in troubled parent-child relationships
  • Work with young children with social and emotional behavioral concerns and their caregivers
  • Students will work to bring an infant and early childhood mental health lens to their workplace or other early childhood setting as a culminating experience in the program.

Event-specific Details

The Alaska Association of Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health (AK-AIMH) has listed this training for the benefit of Alaska's professionals as part of our initiative Project Compass: Leading the Way to Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Workforce Development. Project Compass is funded by AK-AIMH members and donors, the Alaska Children's Trust, and the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority.

Registration Information

If you have questions about the program, scholarship or would like further information, please contact the Senior Instructor and Co-Director of the IECMH Certificate Program & Associate Director of Infant Studies: Sarah Martinez, MA, M.ED., LCPC, IECMH-C, by email at smartinez@erikson.edu or phone at
312-893-7235.