PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE
Description: This Training is intended to educate direct service workers regarding the dynamics of adult abuse and neglect, the laws intended to protect this population and reporting obligations under these laws. This Training will also provide caregivers with tools to respond more effectively to adults in their care.
* Learn how to prevent abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
* Recognize cultural aspects of vulnerable adults needs.
* Increase direct service worker's ability as a care provider to identify examples of abuse, abandonment, neglect, self-neglect and exploitation of vulnerable adults, as well as early warning signs of abuse or domestic violence.
* Identify risk factors for abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
* Recognize sources and signs of stress and appropriate interventions.
* Identify preventive measures that can be offered.
* Identify who is a Mandatory Reporter.
Understanding Ethical and Legal Reporting:
* Understanding the Alaska State Statue A.S. 47.24.011 governing abuse and neglect.
* Review a Report of Harm for the Protection of a Vulnerable Adult.
* Identify the appropriate agency to report a suspected case of abuse and neglect.
* Learn about the role and responsibility of Adult Protective Services.
* Identify local and statewide agencies that can intervene.
This training content was approved by Alaska Adult Protective Services.
STEPS TO ACCESS THE ONLINE/ANYTIME TRAINING'
Select Register for this Training.
Before you Continue past the first registration page confirm and verify that your email and employer are accurate (if your employer is not included you will be responsible for the registration fee.)
Complete the payment option at the end of the registration process - Select Pay with Credit Card, Pay by Check, or Pay by Agency Contact or Invoice.
Pay with Credit Card will allow you to pay immediately through the AKTC PayPal account and you will have access to the training wtihin 15 minutes.
Pay by Agency Contact or Invoice will ask you for your agency contact information and will generate an invoice to be sent to that individual. Access to the training will be available after the invoice has been paid.
Pay by Check will delay your access to the training untill the check has been received and processed.
Access to the online/anytime training will be available after payment has been processed.
Accessing this Online/Anytime Training – Training Evaluation – Certificate of Completion. Once you have registered for the training AND payment has been processed, you will be able to access the training from the CHD/AKTC e-Learning Portal at https://ttclms.remote-learner.net/.
Log in with the same username (username or email address) and password used to register for the training.
If you do not know your username and password, please go to http://aktclms.org, select Login, then select I forgot my password. Enter your email address as your username to have an email sent that will allow you to reset your password. Allow 15 minutes for the two systems to synchronize then follow the link above to log into the e-Learning Portal.
Two-Week Completion. This online training has a 2 week completion expectation. If you do not complete the training within 2 weeks of your registration & payment date, you will be marked as Incomplete though you still have access to the training. If you have any questions about accessing your online training, please contact AKTC Support right away to ensure your timely completion firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-264-2644.