This Learning Community for Region 10 providers working in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon or Washington will engage in depth with up-to-date research, strategies and implementation ideas for crisis response, management, and recovery. We will discuss and engage with each of the following topics over the course of four 75-minute sessions.
Apply by submitting this application by Oct. 8, 2021. Accepted applicants will be notified by Wednesday, October 13.
Expectations & Commitment:
These sessions will be interactive with everyone on camera and speaking--plan on engaging! Please plan to attend all sessions as learning builds across the sessions and seats are limited.
This opportunity is for mental health/behavioral health providers working in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon or Washington state (HHS Region 10).
1) De-escalation techniques, interventions and communication | October 27, 10:30-11:45 am
2) Culturally informed crisis management and de-escalation with guest speaker Salsabiel Alzubaidi | November 3, 10:30-11:45 am
3) Crisis management in healthcare- standards of care, moral injury and burnout for health care workers | November 10, 10:30-11:45 am
4) Crisis management for kids and families in cultural context with guest speaker Salsabiel Alzubaidi | November 17, 10:30-11:45 am
Participants in the Crisis Response, Management and Recovery Learning Community will be able to:
1) Apply de-escalation techniques and interventions in a culturally informed and inclusive way.
2) Understand more about developmental, family, cultural and situational factors that influence communication in crisis or times of stress.
3) Engage with crisis management techniques that are specific for healthcare workers, with attention to the latest evidence-based research.